My favorite season! Leaves are changing colors, some are already falling off the trees, the weather is changing and I am loving it! I happen to live in a place where I can see all of these changes. Waking up and feel the cool breeze…hmmmm nothing like it! So, this is a great time to go outside and enjoy the outdoors. Children love exploring their surroundings. Why not make it a family event?
Here are some ideas of what to do with your children:
- collect leaves – I know, i know, it was an obvious one. You can take a paper bag and collect a few (or alot!) of leaves. Then, classify them by color, shape, or any other creative way you can think of! Maybe even do some craft work with them after.
- apple picking – Well, it is the season to do just that! Find out where to go apple picking and of course when you get home, bake some yummy apple pie! Everyone in the house can help with this.
- pumpking picking/carving – Another season goodie! With pumpkins you can carve them in different shapes and use them to decorate the house, or you could also bake some yummy pumpking pie!
- go out, hike, walk, enjoy the cool weather – Sometimes it’s just fun to walk with your family and talk about what you see around you. Who knows? maybe your neighbors will join you and it could be a neighborhood activity!
- Rake the leaves into a huge pile and jump in – Well, maybe some parents won’t like this idea, but you know what? sometimes we have to have a little fun too! Join your kids and jump in!
If you don’t live in a place where you see the seasons change or the leaves fall off the trees, what other outdoor activities can you do with your children this Fall?