March is Music in our Schools Month. This is an annual event by The National Association for Music Education (MENC). But this event doesn’t have to be EXCLUSIVE for schools! You can start your monthly, Music Day or Music Week at home! Here are some suggestions for you and your family to start music time:
- gather all of your favorites CDs
- if you have an iPod or iTunes, you can set a Favorites Playlist
- organize your playlist by music style (latin, jazz, salsa, pop, etc) or by family member’s favorites!
- don’t forget the youngest people in the family! they too have some favorite songs!
- Once you have your playlist…just dance, dance, dance!
- Also play some instruments (any kitchen utensil will do!)
This will be a great workout for you and your family. You will have fun and will create special moments together!!!
What’s in your playlist??